Tuesday, March 27, 2012

One week later

Another Saturday practice and Sunday Championship March 24-25, with another forecast for rain which fortunately held off until Sunday evening. 

  Saturday was terrible for me and probably my worst day of driving in the last several years.  Over driving, coneage, and DNFs ruled the morning session, but I came back in the afternoon and put together 4 solid runs, about a half second behind another fast STR Honda.

  I lowered the rear of the car another turn (1/8" at the shock) and was on the 15x7.5 195 Toyo combination.  As usual, koni shocks full stiff front, full soft rear.

  Sunday's championship course was reverse from Saturday, but the designer modified a few corners which opened it up way too much in my opinion. Speed maintenance may help the smaller more nimble cars such as the NB Miata, but I would rather see a more diverse course. I finished second in class with a very fast first run again thanks to the Toyo tires. The Toyos now have about 72 runs and 700 street miles.







RESULTS


  It seems that when a front tire rubs the inner fender splash liner, it rips out the plastic clips.  The NA Miata did not have this problem.



 












  Not wanting to get protested,  I installed the air intake baffle in the stock location behind the driver side headlight.  Some will argue that this baffle needs to stay to be legal because it serves two purposes- one being a place to locate the AC and fog light relays.  Without air conditioning or fog lights on my Sport model Miata, the relays that mount to this panel are absent, but the electrical connectors remain.  Not a big deal until I decide to alter the intake with a custom cold air box.
















No comments:

Post a Comment