Monday, April 16, 2012

Fail

   DP Tune has been a major fail as I have been waiting over 2 months for them to send me an LM2 rental to fine tune the ECU and also bump the limiter up to my requested 7700 rpm.  He keeps saying I am next on the list with a sympathetic email or phone call, but then nothing happens. Last email says it is in the mail and should be here today.  With 2 weeks to go until the San Diego Tour and El Toro ProSolo, I cannot rely on them to process the order fast enough and return it promptly so I will keep what I have and figure this stuff out later.  Besides, my coil pack went bad last weekend with symptoms being minor hesitation and surging under load.  Check engine light is on for low cat efficiency.  Not sure an LM2 tune would be beneficial at this time anyway with the current engine woes.  Coil and plug wires were ordered this morning from Mazdaspeed Motorsports.

  

   











   Some of the coil pack issues could stem from the previous weekend when I changed out the spark plugs and plug wires.  What was supposed to be a simple job turned into stress and frustration when two of the spark plugs threaded out hard the whole way and the number four plug wire ends were fused to the coil and plug. Leftover used NGK blue plug wires from my '95 STS Miata will serve as the replacments in the meantime.  The oil on plug three is from a bad cam cover gasket which will be replaced along with the coil pack.











































Bell Engineering Group offers an ECU tuning service similar to what I have, but the cost is a little more and probably well worth it.  After the big California SCCA autocross events, I may seek a refund from DP Tune and explore the BEGI setup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment