Thursday, March 22, 2012

It never rains in Southern California...

   March 18th championship event at El Toro did not go as planned.  Because of the forecast for rain, I initially was not going to make it until I got a call from K-Mo interested in co-driving in STR with me.  Even says I can use his brand new 195 Toyos/SSRs. Deal.  I figure this is a good way to get valuable insight about the car's handling and potential from a multi-time champ and see how the car stacks up against the other STR competitors on the grippy ET surface.

   STR runs after lunch but we decide to run out of class in the first morning heat because Ken had other commitments in the afternoon.  Rain, wind, and cold throughout the first heat and then it dries up completely before lunch.  Screwed again, but at least I won my class (CST).  I should have run time only runs in the STR heat.

Although in the dry, STR was 5 seconds faster than my time.

RESULTS

No comments:

Post a Comment