Monday, May 7, 2012

El Toro Pro Solo


I kept the same setup as used the prior weekend at the SD Tour, except for a minor 1/8" rear ride height increase for day two.  Similar tire pressures with the rear going as low as 24 psi.  New coilpack installed.

Ride height is 11 1/2" at all four corners as measured from the center wheel hub to fender.  Pinch weld measurement is approximately 3 5/8" front, 3 1/2" rear.





   Once the tires warmed up the car worked well.  I shifted to third gear in the walloms on Saturday afternoon but did not pick up much time.  Rode the limiter on Sunday and focused on a clean line and dropped some time on both sides.  Could have been quicker on the right but I had trouble slowing for the first pin turn on both runs.  A new clutch and 300 more rpm could be worth another tenth or two.

   Special thanks to my co-driver Jason for warming the tires and giving me positive feedback regarding the car's handling and potential.  Be sure to check out his 67 Camaro build.

Final RESULTS put me in 8th, the final trophy spot and only a half second behind per side.



No comments:

Post a Comment